HED Ardennes SL
Introducing the new Ardennes Plus
The all new Ardennes + is a 25mm wide rim that extends the benefits of the 23mm wide C2 technology. The main improvements over convential narrow rims (and even our current 23mm wide C2 technology) include: better corner grip, improved comfort, and increased rolling speed. This widened platform provides many benefits. The tire casing is allowed to spread out and make a larger contact patch with the ground. This improves corner grip as well as lowering rolling resistance. The wider rim also increases the amount of air volume which in turn allows the tire to be run at lower pressure. This lower pressure means that the bumps will be smoothed out in the road, which improves comfort. Unlike with narrow rims, the wide platform supports the tire sidewall so that you can corner with more confidence, as there is no tire flop. Lateral stiffness and drivetrain efficiency are improved in the Plus wheels due to the increased width. This is akin to the oversizing of bicycle frame tubes - bigger is better.
The 25 mm wide platform provides a more stable platform for tires of any size. This versatility in tire size and the ability to run lower pressures makes it a great choice for cobbles, gravel, and dirt, while a larger contact patch increases rolling speed across every surface, and silky smooth on the pavement.
- New 25mm wide rim that is tubeless ready. A very tight bead (shelf design) seat helps reduce the amount of sealant needed, helping keep the total wheel weight low.
- Reflective decals for more visibility in low light.
- 2X spoke pattern rear wheel for efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
- Compatible with 10 or 11speed Shimano, SRAM and Campy components
- Large 28mm rear bearings for long lasting smooth ride bearings.
- A bigger rim, for bigger tire, for more grip, for a smoother ride, for a bigger smile, for a happier faster you
- 18 front and 24 rear Black bladed spokes
- Sapim CX-Ray bladed spokes
- Carbon FR Sonic Front hub
- Skewer and Rim Tape included
- Clincher or Tubular
- Rider weight limit 190lbs
- Stallion build available for riders 191-225lbs
- Shimano 11 speed or Campy available
- Available with Power Tap
- Weights (g): Front: 632 - Rear: 817